Monday 19 December 2011

A cute little hostess gift or Christmas present.



This is a cute idea to bring as a hostess gift or as a little something for your girlfriends at Christmas. I made Emeril's Essence (the "BAM" he keeps yelling about on his TV show.) I really like this spice combination and add it to almost any ground meat mixture (in pasta, burgers, chili, meatloaf, etc) or on roasted potatoes/ home fries. I made these ones extra special by using a "sweet smoked paprika" (from Gourmet Warehouse in Vancouver) instead of regular paprika. You can buy the jars at Gourmet Warehouse as well. Ikea also has some cute spice jars that are very affordable. I have more present ideas but can't let the "cat out of the bag" yet or I'll ruin Christmas for friends and family :)



Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

I got two spice jars from one batch :) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment